1 2 3
.

Date: 1980 

Description: A large telephone pole shadow is cast over a road in the industrial park on Evergreen Road.

Date: 1948-08-16 

Description: Vandalized tombstone following a beer party held in Evergreen Hill Cemetery, on June 12, 1948.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: The Richard Green residence is a frame house with a porch that features latticework. Before it stands an elaborate white fence. A clothesline pole can be s...

Photograph

Tar Tank Trucks

Date: 1937-04-26 

Description: A fleet of four tar tank trucks (two each from Lafayette and Taylor counties) park in front of Max Lehman's house, 1724 Park Street. The Warner house is on...

Date: 1952-01-09 

Description: Exterior view of the William P. Robinson residence, located at 1923 North Avenue.

Date: 1924 

Description: View down street, with cars and trucks parked on either side. There is a large building with businesses on the right. One has a sign offering meals and "ro...

Date: 1937-04 

Description: From back of print: "Dane County, Town of Middleton, north 1/2 section of section 17 looking SW from a hill across the valley showing erosion and stump pas...

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the J. Green & Co. Store, a frame building with a false front, a third-story fan window and two full windows. Men stand nearby with farm i...

Date: 1873 

Description: Elevated view f several men, some of whom may be railroad workers, posed in front of a Minnesota and St. Paul wood-burning engine at a train crossing. The...

Date: 1948-08-16 

Description: Vandalized tombstone following a beer party held in Evergreen Hill Cemetery on June 12.

Date: 1937-04-26 

Description: Two Lafayette County tar tank trucks park in front of Max Lehman's house, 1724 Park Street.

Photograph

View of Middleton

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: View, from a distance, of Middleton. The view includes A.L. Dahl's horse-drawn wagon.

Date: 1981-05 

Description: Northwest corner of Aurora and Elmwood Avenue looking towards a two-story concrete block building with no windows and a single door.

Date: 1925 

Description: View from yard of small cottage standing on the northwest shore of Lake Mendota on the site of Rowan, also known as the St. Cyr stopping place.

Date: 1900-06-19 

Description: People stand amidst the ruins of Middleton after a fire, which burned 19 buildings. Debris litters the ground and foundations of buildings are exposed. The...

Date: 1948-08-16 

Description: Vandalized tombstone following a beer party held in Evergreen Hill Cemetery, Middleton, on June 12, 1948.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: A group posed on the porch of the Middleton House, a two-story frame building with lattice and cut work, located across the intersection from J. Green & Co...

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Middleton railroad depot.

Date: 1924 

Description: A view down street, which is lined with parked cars. There is a grocery store on the corner on the right, and beyond is a sign for a "Hotel Office".

Date: 1970-07-26 

Description: Exterior view of the First Lutheran Kirch on Old Sauk Road, which was used by the Bethel Baptist congregation after 100 years as a Lutheran church.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.