1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A man works to clear debris in the aftermath of a tornado. Other men, women and children are gathered nearby.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A woman and her young daughter stand in a yard examining a house in the aftermath of a tornado. The house has one entire side missing, a tree leans over on...

Date: 1867 

Description: E.T. Mix designed the original building of the National Soldiers Home in 1867. At the time the structure was dedicated on 28 September 1867, the wings had...

Photograph

Lemuel Hull House

Date: 1887 

Description: Built in 1840 by Lemuel Hull. William Singer was the mason. The basement was made by lowering the hill. There were originally only two stories. First...

Photograph

Bad River

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Man in canoe close to shoreline with bridge in background.

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Side view of a group of people looking at the debris left by a tornado from a covered horse-drawn carriage. In the foreground the roof of a houselies on th...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: The Case Residence.

Date: 1887-10-07 

Description: Military parade on Main Street honoring President Grover Cleveland's visit to Madison. Soldiers of the University Battalion are marching on West Main Stree...

Date: 1895 after

Description: Exterior of building. A large advertising sign is on the right side, behind a large smokestack. A smaller sign stating "For Rent O.J. Schenck" has been h...

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: A small group of people stand in the yard of a damaged house that had its roof removed by a tornado, and moved off of its foundation, which is exposed on t...

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: This map of the Town of Lake is ink and pencil on paper and shows lots and acreages, reserved land, and public squares. The bottom of the map includes a ke...

Photograph

Smoldering Debris

Date: 1899-06-12 after

Description: Still smoldering fires and wreckage amidst debris left in the wake of a tornado.

Date: 1867 after

Description: 1868-1875. Founded by Dr. Joseph Salzman (featured in the vignette at left, teaching). Vignette, lower left, features St. Francis Seminary, founded in 185...

Date: 1876-08-24 

Description: Hand-drawn plan of the battleground of Huycks.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: View of Eau Claire from eastside hill near Carter. A man and young child stand in the foreground.

Date: 1858 

Description: This map is hand-colored and mounted on cloth and shows lot and block numbers and dimensions, landownership, streets, railroads, selected buildings, fair g...

Date: 1879 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Two Rivers.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Trempealeau from the river with two men in a boat in the foreground.

Date: 1894-05 ca.

Description: The Charles E. Brown house at the corner of South Carroll and Doty Streets.

Date: 1892 

Description: Milwaukee works. Long steel mill located on the bank of either a lake or a river. Multitudes of smokestacks, tracks, and small buildings.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.