1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The home of Moses Strong, a prominent attorney, politician, speculator and land agent who moved to Wisconsin Territory and settled in Mineral Point in 1836...

Photograph

Business District

Date: 1909 

Description: View down the main dirt road of the business district.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The home of Moses Strong, a prominent attorney, politician, speculator and land agent who moved to Wisconsin Territory and settled in Mineral Point in 1836...

Photograph

Lower Ward School

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Lower Ward School (also called Second Ward School) built in 1867 and used through 1923. It was torn down in 1931.

Photograph

Brisbane House

Date: 1953 

Description: Dr. William H. Brisbane house, also known as the Thudium house. It was built between 1868 and 1869 from locally quarried stone for Dr. Brisbane, a physici...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A cottage on the corner of Fountain Street and Chestnut Street.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and studio, after its reconstruction in 1914-1915 and before it was partially destroyed by fire in 1925. T...

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Date: 1960 

Description: A Cornish house on Shake Rag Street.

Photograph

Main Street View

Date: 1963 

Description: View across main street of storefronts along the slope of a hill. At the top of the hill is a church with a steeple.

Postcard

Castle Rock

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Looking up toward Castle Rock in Mineral Point.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: People stand in front of the Iowa County Court House.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The second Iowa County Court House, built in 1842. For a time in 1846, the space was leased to the newly organized congregation of Trinity Episcopal Church...

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by P.G. Sire Thomas Widley, foun...

Map or Atlas

Village of Edmund

Date: 1967 ca.

Description: This map is pen and pencil on paper and shows land ownership by name, blocks, lots, local streets, and railroads. To the right of the title the map reads:...

Photograph

Advent Church

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Advent Church, featuring the church building situated next to a dwelling in the background. A sidewalk and fence are in the foreground...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Gundry, Gray and Company Furniture Store with a sculpure of a dog mounted on the store sign.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and studio. Frank Lloyd is walking with cane in foreground. Taliesin is located in the vicinity o...

Date: 1929 

Description: View down High Street looking east. There are many automobiles parked along the curb, and shops line the street. At the end of the street down the hill is...

Postcard

High Street

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The businesses on High Street, looking west from Dellars Corner.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.