1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Brisbois Hotel, later part of Campion College.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Intended for tourists, this brochure features two maps with tourists sites along the Mississippi River. One map shows roads and populated places along the...

Postcard

Black Hawk Tree

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Black Hawk Tree in Prairie du Chien Wisconsin. It was rumored that Chief Black Hawk hid within this tree to escape soldiers from Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Dousman Hotel seen from an elevated view of the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Photograph

Mississippi River

Date: 1931 ca.

Description: Mississippi River from the Brisbois Mansion. Left to right: Dousman House Hotel, railroad station, electrical plant smoke stack, Diamond Jo warehouse, and...

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

Photograph

St. Mary's College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Our Lady's Tower at St. Mary's College.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford.

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College, formerly the Sacred Heart College.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: The Benedict Octagon House, built about 1843.

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Date: 1953 

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.