1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Map or Atlas

La Crosse, Wis.

Date: 1873 

Description: Bird's-eye map of La Crosse from the Mississippi River.

Date: 1887 

Description: Bird's-eye map of La Crosse, with six insets including residences, a store front, The John Gund Brewing Company, and C. & J. Michel Brewing Company.

Postcard

Ebner's Coulee

Date:  date unknown

Description: Ebner's Coulee as seen from Grandad Bluff.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul railroad depot.

Postcard

Grandad Bluff

Date:  date unknown

Description: Grandad Bluff.

Date: 1886 

Description: This map has relief shown by hachures and includes a list of plats in order of date of record, laws which vacate plats, plats not shown as upon the county...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Harbor full of steamboats. The shoreline is bustling with people walking amidst the buildings, piers and bridges.

Postcard

City Hall

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A postcard of La Crosse's City Hall. The text on the postcard reads, "Dear Miss Blair; Thank you very much for the Christmas greetings! So glad to hear fro...

Date: 1900 after

Description: This map of the south side addition to La Crosse shows lot and block numbers, dimensions, and streets.

Photograph

Rescue Squad

Date: 2012 ca.

Description: Gundersen Tri-State ambulance and fire truck personnel rescue a man who may have had a seizure at the Bimbo Bakery. The vehicles are parked in the street,...

Date: 1874 

Description: This map of La Crocess is accompanied by other plats of subdivision of the city. The relief is shown by hachures. The additions include: Rudolf Gripps Addi...

Photograph

Affiliated Church

Date:  date unknown

Description: Three-quarter view from across a road of the Affiliated Church. An arched stained glass window is in the front on the left. Tall rectangular stained glass...

Postcard

Fourth Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fourth Street, looking north from Pearl Street.

Photograph

Band at Oktoberfest

Date: 2013-07-20 

Description: Country/folk/rock band playing and singing, prior to the Merle Haggard and the Strangers performance at the Southside Oktoberfest Grounds. They are wearing...

Date: 2008 

Description: The 400 Cass Street gas station was first constructed in 1928 and later became a Pure Oil station, when it was reopened by Henry Ott, in 1937.

Date: 1927 

Description: This map includes an index and highways marked in red. Attractions on the map include: Four Mile House, Cold Springs, Grand Crossing Station, Coleman Sloug...

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The Losey Memorial Arch, built in honor of Joseph W. Losey. Mr. Losey was an early pioneer lawyer of the town, made District Attorney in 1857 and City Atto...

Date: 1922 

Description: View down Main Street looking west. On these blocks there is a restaurant, rug store, post office, and Farmers State Bank. Automobiles are parked on both s...

Date: 1800 after

Description: This map of the Village of North La Crosse was likely published before 1871 and shows street names, additions, section and lot numbers, railroads (specific...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Congregational Church viewed from the high school looking down Main Street.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.