1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

Date: 1860-04 ca.

Description: Accompanying this sketch is Hölzlhuber's description of his last foray from Milwaukee before leaving America. "Before my return to Europe, D. Brandis, the...

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of the Roman Catholic community of St. Nazianz.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The home of Moses Strong, a prominent attorney, politician, speculator and land agent who moved to Wisconsin Territory and settled in Mineral Point in 1836...

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . The first in their series was not an 'improvement' but a view of the Green Bay settlement, looking downstream. From a simulated rustic fence corner...

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Hölzlhuber received a request from the German theater director Henry Börnstein in St. Louis, Missouri, to purchase his theater sets and music. Accordingly,...

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1862-04 

Description: Watercolor of the 12th Wisconsin Volunteers marching through on their way to Fort Riley, April 1862. Created by John Gaddis of Company E.

Date: 1856 

Description: " . . . At Grand Chute stood the young settlement of Appleton. Although only a few years old, it already boasted a college, named, as was the village itsel...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Date:  ca.

Description: A watercolor painting depicting the city of Madison circa 1850-1851.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.