1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Service Station

Date:  date unknown

Description: A small stone building with a steeply pitched roof, chimney, large, paned windows and arched doorway. Benches are on the left and right of the building. On...

Date: 1907-03-18 

Description: Exterior of the three-story Ormsby Hall residence hall on the Lawrence University campus. View of the front facade and side of the building surrounded by t...

Photograph

Baileys Harbor

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View from shoreline over water towards a three-masted sailing vessel docked at Baileys Harbor pier. Houses and commercial buildings line the shore.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Two young men pose outdoors on horseback in front of the C.J. Faust & Co., Funeral Directors' building. They are wearing jackets and hats. A dirt road can...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View of three buildings on the Lawrence University campus. Among the buildings pictured is Main Hall.

Photograph

Wade House

Date: 1858 

Description: Ambrotype of the Wade House, a carriage inn located in Greenbush, also showing a section of the original plank road in the foreground.

Photograph

The Pines Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down sidewalk towards a log building among the pines. The sidewalk leads to the large front porch with steps in the front and on the side.

Date: 1857 

Description: Map of La Crosse County, Wisconsin showing village plat, farm houses, schools, roads, railroads, township names (New Amsterdam, Dacota, Minnesota, Driesbac...

Date: 1954 after

Description: Back and front of a small folded card menu, with an etching of a quarter view of the exterior of Republican House surrounded by leafy trees on the front co...

Painting

Chippewa Falls

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Painting depicting Chippewa Falls and the first sawmill on the Chippewa River, built by Jean Brunet. The residence of H.S. Allen, one of the owners of the...

Date: 1926-06 

Description: Front yard landscaping of suburban house including foundation planting, terraced lawn, and window boxes. On the left is a driveway leading to a garage.

Photograph

The Widows House

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of the Widows House, built 1768. The trees lining the street slightly obscure the roof and right side of the house; the facade is completely visible...

Photograph

Church and Houses

Date:  date unknown

Description: Church building and two frame houses.

Photograph

Unloading Coal

Date:  date unknown

Description: A man unloads coal from a boat by walking a wheelbarrow across wooden platforms raised on scaffolds. In the background a man stands with an empty wheelbarr...

Date: 1957-08 ca.

Description: The Little Rock home of Daisy and L.C. Bates, showing their front window after a stone had been thrown through the window. Grates have been placed on this...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Grignon house was built (at the later address of 1313 Augustine Street) in 1836 by Charles Grignon. Charles Grignon was the son of Augustin Grignon, on...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Group of five Ho-Chunk (Winnebago) men seated on the lawn outside a building waiting for their annuity payment.

Date: 1901 

Description: Thirteen unfinished houses in a row, on the horizon of a field.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Interior of the cottage with a rocking chair, a woodstove, a painting on the wall, and a spinning wheel on the left. The floor is wooden, and the wallpape...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Aerial view of downtown area including churches, homes, and large buildings, stretching to the horizon.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.