1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1943-06-02 

Description: Looking west down road towards the bridge. The roadway is damaged in two spots, leaving large gaps. The walls of the bridge are still intact. Traffic barri...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...


Scene at Rockland

Date: 1922 

Description: View across road of the Berg & Jones Department Store, with posters in the front windows announcing an upcoming Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus...

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Photographic postcard of the Methodist Episcopal Church.


Fair Housing March

Date: 1966-08-29 

Description: Father James Groppi leading a fair housing march.


Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1924 

Description: View down unpaved street towards a general store on the left. The sign on the awning in front reads: "Homstad Store." A gas pump, parked car and large tree...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Engraved elevated view of Milwaukee.

Date: 1916 

Description: Panoramic view of the Wingra area from the railroad tracks north of Gregory Street. Looking towards Lake Wingra, across Monroe Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An elevated view of the town of Clayton, Iowa, which is nestled in a valley. The Mississippi River can be seen nearby. Text on photograph reads: "Made expr...

Date: 2001-11-16 

Description: "On this evening we travel to American Legion, Bonau Whereatt, Post 69 in Mayville, WI. Carl "Bear" Bandle is the manager." Note the fish fry signboard.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, built in the 1840s, on Shake Rag Street undergoing restoration. The house was temporarily covered with s...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1997-06-05 

Description: "On this date, the Solomon Juneau House marker is erected. The marker program was started in 1952 and now numbers 347 markers throughout the state, with si...


The Court

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: View from above of spectators watching men play doubles tennis at a downtown tennis court. There is a water tower in the background.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1911 

Description: Large group of children and adults posed on the lawn outside a large brick building. Some students are posing in open windows.

Date:  ca.

Description: Mrs. Annie Coon stands in a front yard with a bicycle, probably on the 400 block of West Washington Avenue. A long line of trees grow along the street of t...


Stephen Bell Home

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: View acorss road of the home of Stephen Bell, which served as the last post office at King's Corners in the Town of Sumpter. Bell was the last postmaster h...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: