1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1931-05-05 

Description: North walk on Bascom Hill with Bascom Hall in the background, University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Photograph

Mapleside

Date: 1920 

Description: An old house east of the Hill Farm House on Middleton Road. The house was remodeled by Sam Miller, who named it Mapleside.

Photograph

M.J. Purry House

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: Children play outside the M.J. Purry House, 2125 E. Dayton Street.

Photograph

The Wirth House

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: The Wirth house, later the residence of Police Chief William H. McCormick, located at 2817 Milwaukee Street. The newer addition was built circa 1882, the o...

Photograph

Marburg Apartments

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: The Marburg Apartments at 124 W. Dayton Street.

Photograph

Mapleside

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An old house east of the Hill Farm House on Middleton Road. The house was remodeled by Sam Miller, who named it Mapleside.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Stoughton Opera House stage, advertising curtain and boxes from front of auditorium.

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1917 before

Description: Bascom Hall with dome (formerly Main Hall) from Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The Lincoln Monument is in front of the entrance...

Photograph

Marburg Apartments

Date: 1917 ca.

Description: The Marburg Apartments at 124 W. Dayton Street.

Photograph

Tripp Hall

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Entrance to Tripp Hall, a men's dormitory, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Exterior view of a large house, 312 Wisconsin Avenue. Owned at one time by Joseph M. Boyd.

Date: 1896-05-12 

Description: The Charles N. Brown residence, 271 Langdon Street, erected in 1886 and demolished in 1929. Brown was an attorney who served as court commissioner, and wa...

Date: 1939 

Description: John and Stanta Bordner's Crestwood home shortly after construction. The home stands at 5746 Bittersweet Place. Three people stand on a porch above the gar...

Date: 1969-11-09 

Description: Ornate terra cotta work above the entrance of the Lincoln School building, 720 East Gorham Street, designed by Claude and Starck and built in 1915-16. The...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View across Bascom Hill of the old engineering building at 1000 Bascom Mall. The building now houses the School of Education.

Date:  

Description: Lewis Arms hugs Helen Berry playfully. He is wearing his Navy uniform.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Governor's Conference Room, in the Wisconsin State Capitol, before restoration returned it to the original mahogany.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The southeast entrance to the Capitol Park at Monona Avenue (now Martin Luther King Boulevard), probably taken about 1875. In the foreground are elaborate...

Photograph

Bradley House

Date:  

Description: The first Bradley House, later the Sigma Phi Fraternity house, at 106 North Prospect Avenue.

Photograph

Doty House

Date: 1898 

Description: The Doty House on Doty Street (formerly Clymer Street), the first "Executive Mansion" in Madison, occupied in 1841-1844 by Territorial Governor James Duane...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.