1 2 3 4 5
.

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Date: 1936 

Description: View of a room in Pendarvis House. There is a map of Cornwall over the fireplace. A bedwarmer and a bellows sit at the base of the hearth.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Rear view of the Lanyon house, built by William Lanyon. At the time of this photograph, the house was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. George Jeuck.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Joseph Gundry, a dry goods merchant. The house was later acquired for use as a museum by the Mineral Point Historical Society.

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A Cornish miner's home on Shake Rag Street.

Date: 1936 

Description: Room on a lower floor in Pendarvis House. In the center is a stairwell up to the next floor, a bookshelf in the right corner, and a portrait of a man above...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Pendarvis and Trelawny, Cornish miners' houses on Shake Rag Street.

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Joseph Gundry, a dry goods merchant. The house was later acquired for use as a museum by the Mineral Point Historical Society.

Date: 1932 ca.

Description: The home of Alex Wilson.

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Shake Rag Street, showing Cornish miner's homes. The street was formerly called Howard Street in honor of Capt. R.C. Howard who was stationed at Fort Defia...

Photograph

Stone House

Date:  date unknown

Description: On Shakerag Street. Two houses, both of stone, behind a wood fence and a low stone wall along a sidewalk. The house on the right is two stories, the left...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The dining room in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is n...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The home of a Cornish miner in Mineral Point.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A cottage on the corner of Fountain Street and Chestnut Street.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: An exterior view of Cornish miners' houses along the side of a street.

Date: 1935 after

Description: Menu of Cornish pasties and Cornish desserts offered by Pendarvis House, a group of restored Cornish-style stone houses built by Cornish settlers in Minera...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1837-1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by Thomas Widley.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Pendarvis (left) and Trelawny (right) homes, before the Trelawny house was restored. Originally the homes were Cornish miner's cottages.

1 2 3 4 5

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.