1 2
.

Photograph

Wisconsin River

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of buildings in Prairie du Sac from the east bank of the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Buildings along Wisconsin River.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Toll bridge across the Wisconsin River. The writer of the postcard states "This is the first bridge over the Wis. River. It's about a quarter mile long."

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Toll bridge under construction.

Date: 1922 

Description: Close-up of bridge over Wisconsin River, built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden one when it became condemned.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of buildings lining river in foreground with farmland in background.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Dam and power station on river with two automobiles parked in lot in lower left corner.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: Bridge over the Wisconsin River.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Elevated view of bridge over Wisconsin River built in 1921 to take the place of the old wooden bridge when it became condemned.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of Cummings-Cooper house with woman standing in front. House was owned in 1940 by Mrs. H.F. Leindorff. House was built in 1857.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View of bluff taken from below.

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: City Hall and Library Building, Prairie du Sac, WI.

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view of High School with Evangelical Church to the left.

Postcard

Park Avenue

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking south down Park Avenue. Houses line the right side of street, telephone and power poles line left side.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Front of house with white fence. Man, young child, and dog stand in front of fence.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: This was the first bridge built across the Wisconsin River, constructed about 1850, although it was not opened to traffic until 1852. It was torn down in 1...

Date: 1870 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Prairie du Sac.

Photograph

The Empire House

Date: 1926 ca.

Description: A copy of a duo-tone print of the exterior of a three-story wooden classical revival building identified as the Empire House.

Date: 1922 

Description: View down middle of street, showing the central business district. A drug store, restaurant and hotel are on the left. A garage, bank, bathhouse, bowling a...

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.