1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1945 

Description: Pendarvis and Trelawny, restored Cornish houses, on Hoard Street, later to be Shake Rag Street.

Date: 1929 

Description: View down High Street looking east. There are many automobiles parked along the curb, and shops line the street. At the end of the street down the hill is...

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Railroad depot taken as part of a survey by the Wisconsin Power and Light Company to promote economic development by emphasizing available buildings and bu...

Date: 1929 

Description: View across street of the three-story grade school.

Date: 1932 

Description: The Methodist Episcopal Church, dedicated in 1871.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: View of the entrance court of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and studio, as it appeared after its completion in May of 1911 and before its partia...

Date: 1894-07 

Description: Sheet 5 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Date: 1948-06-07 

Description: Mr. Vollerud of Hollandale portraying Daniel Boone on a mule during a parade in Highland to celebrate the crowning of Margaret McGuire as Wisconsin's first...

Photograph

Walker Hotel Ruins

Date: 1962-06-16 

Description: The ruins of Walker Hotel.

Date: 1906 

Description: Rear elevation of the West Cottage Hillside Home School, the school run by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. In 1902 Wrigh...

Date: 1911 

Description: A downhill view of Main Street with a shoe store and other buildings on the left. Some homes and a church in the distance. Horses and wagons in the street...

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and architectural school complex, with the Wisconsin River visible at the top. Taliesin is located...

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of J. Hutchinson originally built by John B. Terry and consisting of just the first story. Terry came to the lead region in 1829 as a merchant and...

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Photograph

General View

Date:  date unknown

Description: View along fence line of a rural area. There is a road on the left and farmland on the right. A person is traveling down the road, visible as a blur. In th...

Photograph

Hotel Hicks

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior of the wedge-shaped Hicks Hotel. Lovelace general store is housed on the left side of the building. There are children in the street and on the si...

Photograph

Garden at Taliesin

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: A portion of the gardens at Taliesin, the summer home of Frank Lloyd Wright and the Taliesin Fellowship. Taliesin is located in the vicinity of Spring Gree...

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by P.G. Sire Thomas Widley, foun...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.