1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior of the Iowa County court house, with cars parked on the street.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Date: 1838 ca.

Description: Pencil sketch of a building owned by the Rodolf family along a commercial street.

Photograph

Iowa Street

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: View up unpaved street. There is a horse-drinking fountain on the left side of the road, and pedestrians are on sidewalks in the background.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Iowa County court house with people sitting on the lawn. The wing on the right was added in 1927.

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A Cornish miner's home on Shake Rag Street.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Joseph Spensley's smelting furnace, built in 1861.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The living room with a fireplace in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert...

Drawing

Stone House

Date: 1838 ca.

Description: Pencil sketch of a stone house with a porch the full length of the dwelling, supported by 6 columns.

Photograph

Taliesin

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's residence and studio. Frank Lloyd is walking with cane in foreground. Taliesin is located in the vicinity o...

Photograph

General Hospital

Date: 1926 

Description: View across street of the Dodgeville General Hospital on the corner of Chapel and Iowa Streets. Along Iowa street, there is a John H. Owen's general store,...

Photograph

Laxey Church

Date: 1947 ca.

Description: Laxey Church, built prior to the Civil War, was named after Laxey in the Isle of Man, from which many of the immigrants had come. There is also a cemetery...

Photograph

Lover's Lane

Date: 1912 

Description: View down wooden walkway with a dwelling, trees and backyards on the left and an open area on the right.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of the Dodgeville (State) Bank, with a front view of the bank building. There is a datestone at the top of the bank building that says "1895" an...

Date: 1906 

Description: Rear elevation of the West Cottage Hillside Home School, the school run by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of architect Frank Lloyd Wright. In 1902 Wrigh...

Photograph

Street Scene

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: View down a dirt road bordered by several buildings. Pedestrians are standing on wooden sidewalks on both sides of the street. There is also a horse-drawn...

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: The Gundry, Gray and Company store. The building was erected in 1841 and the dog was added in 1871.

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Shake Rag Street, showing Cornish miner's homes. The street was formerly called Howard Street in honor of Capt. R.C. Howard who was stationed at Fort Defia...

Date: 1909 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Congregational Church, featuring the church building with arched windows, an arched entrance, a chimney, and a bell tower.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of original chairs in Mineral Point Opera House's balcony including hat racks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.