1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Pahl Tire Co.

Date: 1937-06-03 

Description: Pahl Tire Company, located at 208 E. Washington Avenue. Opened in 1936, moved to 202 East Washington Avenue about 1960, closed in 2013.

Photograph

Sterling Hall

Date: 1922 

Description: Elevated view of Sterling Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Construction of Wisconsin General Hospital is underway in the foreground.

Date: 1964 

Description: A view to the horizon looking down Mineral Point Road of a country home during early evening hours.

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Illinois Central railway station.

Date: 2008 

Description: Edwards Super Service Station officially opened for business on August 16, 1930. The large complex, at 202 East Washington Avenue, represented an effort to...

Date:  date unknown

Description: C.W. Jarvis' horse-drawn delivery wagon loaded with crates in front of 201 North Carroll Street, the location of the old Madison Public Library. He is sitt...

Photograph

Middleton Railroad

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Elevated view of railroad tracks and several houses. Several railroad employees are doing repair work on the tracks, and one man is riding on a handcar. Be...

Date: 1927 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street of the house at 1814 Rutledge Street, built by Willard Droster.

Date: 1958 ca.

Description: View of the Young Women's Christian Association at the Carroll Street entrance.

Date: 1932 

Description: Exterior view of University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Agriculture building on campus, as seen from the west. A car can be seen on a tree-lined road o...

Photograph

National Guard Line

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: An aerial view of Truax Field, now also called Dane County Regional Airport. In addition to commercial flights, Truax Field is also home to the Army Nation...

Date: 1889 

Description: The Illinois Central passenger depot.

Date: 2008 

Description: Built by Clayton "Clayt" Parman in 1941, the service station at 3502 Monroe Street looks almost identical to when it opened more than sixty-five years ago.

Date: 1884 

Description: A sign for Fauerbach's Brewery depicting a young woman and the brewery. It was Madison's first brewery in 1848 and run by Peter Sprecher until bought by Pe...

Date: 1879 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Wisconsin State University, now the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Vignettes include Ladies Hall, South Dormitory, University Hall, As...

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the Robert M. Bashford house on Pinckney and Gilman Streets. A man wearing a hat stands in the landscaped yard near a small child wearing...

Date: 1908 

Description: A panoramic aerial view of the Isthmus taken from a kite. Lake Mendota is to the right in the background with Picnic Point jutting into the lake. The photo...

Date: 1930-05-20 

Description: The Montgomery Ward Store Building at 100 North Hamilton, the intersection of Pinckney and North Hamilton. The building was designed by Law, Law, and Pott...

Date: 1919 ca.

Description: View across street towards the Piper Brothers bakery, which faced the Wisconsin State Capitol on the corner of E. Mifflin and N. Pinckney Streets. This tru...

Date: 1906 

Description: Newly-constructed streetcar tracks on Park Street, looking south from State Street. The eastern edge of the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus can be s...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.