1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This 1862 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, roads, property owners an...

Date: 1963-29 

Description: A diagonal view down the canal of the Menasha Woodenware Company. Along the opposite side of the canal are boxcars on an elevated railroad track over the w...

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Statue of Chief Oshkosh of the Menominee Tribe. Sculpted by Trentanove and located in Menominee Park. The statue honors the man who gave his name to the...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Map shows townships, roads and railroads, churches, schools, and selected buildings and property owners.

Date: 1856 

Description: View along bridge of paddle boats and ships in the harbor, pedestrians, and the town in the background on the other side of the river.

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: A statue of Oshkosh, head chief of the Menominee Indian Tribe in North Park (Menominee Park). Sculpted by Gaetano Trentanove of Florence, Italy. Unveiled J...

Date: 1920 

Description: Shows lot and block numbers. Includes manuscript annotations showing original Wisconsin Central Railway line in red which reads: "Original W.C. Line in Men...

Photograph

Freight Yard

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Men posing in the Winneconne Freight Yard. Some of the men stand and sit on two hay wagons, and three men stand on the ground, in front of a box car. Some...

Photograph

La Sure's

Date: 2004-11-12 

Description: The fish fry group outside of La Sure's. The signboard advertises today's special, fish fry.

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Public Museum. Occupies the former home of Edgar Sawyer, lumberman and businessman. It was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924. This muse...

Date: 1974 ca.

Description: This map shows streets, Lake Winnebago, Little Lake Butte Des Morts, and the Fox River. Also included is text on the Fox River Waterways and the history of...

Photograph

Island City Mill

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereograph of Island City Mill. Island City Mill was built in 1867 by Carl Stridde and A.H.F. Krueger, and also called Stridde & Krueger Mill. By 1891 it...

Photograph

Fourth Ward School

Date: 1887 ca.

Description: Side view of Fourth Ward School, surrounded by wooden fence.

Photograph

Presbyterian Church

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Presbyterian church (old church).

Date: 1945 

Description: This map shows block and lot numbers, subdivisions, streets, railroads, and abandoned right of ways. Some areas are shown in yellow and pink. The city seal...

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview. In the right background is the building of the Trade Reporter newspaper at the corner of Main and High Streets; across the street from it is J....

Date: 1890 

Description: A view of the main building on the campus of the State Normal School.

Postcard

Post Office

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of post office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Print

Ferry Street

Date: 1856 

Description: View from bridge on river. Storefronts and homes line the road that stretches to the horizon.

Date: 1835-07-21 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on tracing paper and shows township lines surveyed by Mullett and Brink, subdivision lines surveyed by A.G. Ellis, and part...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.