1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1911-03 

Description: This 1911 topographic map shows Lake Winnebago and the surrounding area. The township and range grid, counties, towns, sections, cities, villages and post...

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereograph of the Congregational Church on the corner of Broad and Milwaukee Streets.

Photograph

Fire Damage

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Five men standing on the far left survey fire damage on Main Street between N. 2nd and N. 3rd St in Winneconne. The area is completely destroyed. Surroundi...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: Three-quarter view of front and side of the almost-completed Winnebago School of Agriculture and Domestic Economy. Construction workers are on the building...

Date: 1899 

Description: The Elisha D. Smith Library built by Van Ryn and De Gelleke.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Demonstration class sponsored by the Agricultural Extension.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: Elevated view of people in a park along the shoreline waiting for the White Bass run.

Date: 1907 

Description: View across lawn of the newly completed Winnebago County School of Agriculture and Domestic Economy.

Photograph

Osborn House

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: A view of the original house on the Osborn homestead, built in 1844 when J.H. Osborn moved to Oshkosh permanently from New York City.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: Stereoview of a sawmill area in the foreground; near the water in the foreground is Lake Winnebago. The square building with the "cupola" was the Revere Ho...

Date: 2008 

Description: In 1934, Cook and Brown Lime and Coal built a super-service station with Art Deco stylings at 420 Division Street, which was previously occupied by a small...

Date: 1888-08-24 

Description: The George A. Whiting Paper Mill after a fire on August 24, 1888. Sixteen men were killed by the explosion of a bleacher; the bleacher exploded as the nigh...

Date: 1952 ca.

Description: The Oshkosh Public Museum. Occupies the former home of Edgar Sawyer, lumberman and businessman. It was built in 1908 and became a museum in 1924. This muse...

Date: 1911 

Description: This 1911 map from the U.S. Post Office Dept. shows rural delivery routes, active and discontinued post offices, collection boxes, selected rural landowner...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Stereoview of Main Street bridge, looking toward a section of the city known locally as Brooklyn.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A drawing from Harney's "History of Winnebago County" of E.L. Mathewson's home on Doty Island.

Photograph

Ice Storm Aftermath

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: A man walks through debris along a metal railing at Cottonwood Villa after an ice storm. The lake, with houses and trees along the shoreline are in the bac...

Date:  date unknown

Description: This 1862 map of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, shows the township and range grid, towns, sections, cities and villages, railroads, roads, property owners an...

Photograph

Fisher Residence

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The home of Ida Fisher.

Photograph

Oshkosh Opera House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Stereoview of the interior of the Oshkosh Opera House, located on High Street. This opera house was built in 1883 and was renovated in the 1980s.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.