1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1820 

Description: This map displays the plan for claiming various settlement zones in the Prairie des Chiens area in 1820. It shows Fort Crawford and 87 confirmed and unconf...

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: Intended for tourists, this brochure features two maps with tourists sites along the Mississippi River. One map shows roads and populated places along the...

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: St. Mary's College and Academy.

Map or Atlas

Lower Prairie du Chien

Date: 1856 

Description: This map is ink and watercolor on paper and includes certifications inscribed by Saml. T. [M?]ight, a civil engineer, Edward H. Brodhead, James H. Lockwood...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: French Cemetery. The Stone tombs are the graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elisabeth.

Photograph

Galtier Tomb

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Galtier tomb, burial place of Father Lucien Galtier who was chaplain of the parish from 1847 to 1866.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Photograph

Brew House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brew house.

Book or Pamphlet

Artesian Stock Farm

Date: 1884 

Description: Bird's-eye view drawing of the grounds of Villa Louis, the estate of the fur trading Dousman family. After the death of H. Louis Dousman's mother in 1882,...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date:  date unknown

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Elevated view of the north side of town, from high on the bluff.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Date: 1873 ca.

Description: Stereoview of John Lawler's pile-pontoon railway bridge over both channels of the Mississippi River at Prairie du Chien, and McGregor, Iowa. East draw, 396...

Photograph

French Cemetery

Date: 1904 ca.

Description: Graves of Joseph Rolette and his daughter, Elizabeth. Rolette died in 1842. The cemetery itself may date as early as the middle of the 17th Century.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map is pen-and-ink on tracing paper with a mounted legend and shows the Kickapoo River, Indian mounds, the 1st Fort Crawford, an Indian Agency, the si...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.