1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of the guardhouse used in 1883. The roof was burned off.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1880 

Description: Artesian Well, located near the intersection of Wisconsin Street and South Minnesota Street (since renamed Wacouta). It was dubbed by some to be the "Grea...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1864 

Description: This map is ink, pencil, and color on paper and shows numbered lots and labeled streets. The bottom margin of the map reads: "Recorded in the Registry of...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, showing ruins of the building of 1892-?). These are the ruins of the hospital.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this image was made, the structure was occupied by Ben Schau...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows marshes, woods, buildings, and selected features including islands, mounds, old Fort Crawford, and "new site for a fort in questio...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Ruins at Fort Crawford.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aerial view of the Prairie du Chien plant of Oscar Mayer & Co.

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Photograph

"Villa Louis"

Date: 1953 

Description: Villa Louis, the mansion of Hercules Dousman.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. The American Fur Company, which had been organized by John Jacob Astor i...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, restored by the United States Government about 1905.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Military Cemetery, after restoration by the United States Government. In the left background is the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium, built on the...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Astor Company or Brisbois fur trading post.

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of town with St. Mary's Academy seen in the background.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.