1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Looking east down dirt road. Commercial buildings and storefronts line the road.

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: The offices of the American Fur Company.

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Date: 1901 ca.

Description: A view of the offices of the American Fur Company.

Date: 1938 

Description: Interior, St. Gabriel's Church.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of the guardhouse used in 1883. The roof was burned off.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1958 

Description: An aerial view of town.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, the oldest stone house in the state of Wisconsin.

Photograph

North First Street

Date: 1931 

Description: View along North First Street showing the Brisbois house (center).

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Diamond Jo warehouse.

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Crawford County Court house after remodeling.

Date:  date unknown

Description: This map shows farm lots and private land claims on Prairie du Chien. The bottom left margin reads: "Part of sec. 1, T6 N, R 7W and sec. 36, T 7N, R 7W. S...

Date: 1887 

Description: St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.