1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford after restoration.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (1829-1835).

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1954 

Description: A view of the site of the original Fort Crawford (1816-1831).

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Postcard

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Campion College.

Date: 1976 

Description: This map includes an index of streets, government and historic buildings, hospitals, schools, places of recreation, churches, cemeteries, and other miscell...

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Date: 1900 

Description: Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

Date: 1918 ca.

Description: View of the Burlington Railroad tracks south of the city, near Campion College.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

Map or Atlas

Fort Crawford

Date: 1821 

Description: A topographical view of the site of Fort Crawford.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff street looking west.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Photograph

Warehouse

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of warehouse, which was formerly a five storied grain elevator. This building stood downstream from the Diamond Jo warehouse. The Mississippi Rive...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Date: 1908 after

Description: St. Gabriel's Church.

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: The Dousman Hotel seen from an elevated view of the Mississippi River.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the ruins of the guardhouse used in 1883. The roof was burned off.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.