1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Photograph

Fort Shelby

Date: 1814 

Description: Fort Shelby built in 1814 and named for the Governor of Kentucky, was surrendered to British forces later in 1814 and renamed Fort McKay. Pictured here is...

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Photograph

"Villa Louis"

Date: 1953 

Description: Villa Louis, the mansion of Hercules Dousman.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. The American Fur Company, which had been organized by John Jacob Astor i...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

Photograph

Dousman Warehouse

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Dousman Warehouse, East Water Street. Originally located on the wharf parallel with the river. Built 1839, and occupied by Dousman until about 1855.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Photograph

Campion College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Marquette Hall, a dormitory at Campion College.

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Stereograph looking northeast from Case's Block.

Date: 1855 

Description: This map shows streets and lots. The right side of the map includes notes on widths of streets and certifications. The top right reads: "Parish's Additio...

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: The Diamond Jo warehouse.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Photograph

Hotel, Powers Lake

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Hotel and dining room.

Photograph

North First Street

Date: 1931 

Description: View along North First Street showing the Brisbois house (center).

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house.

Photograph

Brisbois Hotel

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois Hotel, built in the early 1860's, and used as a hospital during the Civil War. It was later part of Campion High School.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford Hospital.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A horse-drawn carriage pauses along a fence on the right side of a dirt road. Houses stand to the left.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.