1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

Aerial View of Town

Date: 1958 

Description: An aerial view of town.

Postcard

Lower Mill

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the Lower Mill.

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: Old Northwest Fur Trading Post.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: The Dousman Office building, later used as a pearl button factory.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This plat map is pen-and-ink and shows landowners, the Mississippi River, the Marais de St. Friole, Fort Crawford, the town commons, and the Village of St....

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Photograph

Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: This building was supposedly once used as a storage house for the Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1923 

Description: Decorated for the 250th celebration of the discovery of the Mississippi River. The ribbons and banners are all American flag themed. The storefront to the...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford. Hospital after restoration.

Photograph

Hotel, Powers Lake

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Hotel and dining room.

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Photograph

People's State Bank

Date: 1923 

Description: Exterior view from across street of the People's State Bank decorated to honor the 250th anniversary of the discovery of the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Dousman House Hotel

Date: 1916 ca.

Description: Dousman House hotel, surrounded by Mississippi River flood water in spring. View looking northwest.

Photograph

Dousman Family

Date:  date unknown

Description: Page from photo album showing Nina S. Dousman and three sisters posed outdoors while hiking in a coulee, north of town. Nina is seated and reading. Three o...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

Date: 1856-09-01 

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and shows farm lots, other lots of land sectioned by acres, bluffs, and a coulee. Also included are notations in pencil and blue in...

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior view of show windows of the Prairie du Chien City Library. The cardboard backing reads: "Prairie du Chien, 1918." Reverse of the cardboard mountin...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Astor fur trading building, The Northwest Fur Company, in 1808. This building later used as a post office before the Civil War.

Photograph

Woman's Building

Date: 1959 

Description: Woman's Building, one of the oldest buildings in the city. It is believed to have been built in 1842 by John Folsom, an early settler and farmer on the hei...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.