1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1828 ca.

Description: This map is pen-and-ink and served as the model for the lithograph produced in 1828 by C.B. Graham. Landowners are labeled as is the Mississippi River.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: Stereograph view of Black Hawk Avenue.

Photograph

Along the River

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a river and surrounding landscape, taken from a high vantage point. In the foreground are a series of wooden structures, possibly homes and outb...

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford ruins.

Photograph

St. Mary Academy

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view from lawn of the stone facade of St. Mary Academy. The arched main entrance is partially visible behind trees on left. A bell tower sits in the midd...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from Bribois Bluff.

Date: 1857 

Description: This map shows lots and streets and includes pencil manuscript notations on the front and certification statements on the reverse. The top left margin rea...

Photograph

Railroad Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a railroad bridge, constructed of heavy steel that sits on massive stone supports. Wooded hills stand in the background.

Postcard

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the second site, showing ruins of the building of 1892-?). These are the ruins of the hospital.

Postcard

Main Street

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Main Street looking east.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View seen from Brisbois Bluff.

Photograph

Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: This building was supposedly once used as a storage house for the Northwest Fur Co.

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the front of Lawler Hall at Campion College.

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Date: 1927 ca.

Description: Military road marker erected in 1927 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution at the foot of the old road opposite Prairie du Chien. The road was built...

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Ruins at Fort Crawford.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.