1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: The church, originally built in 1839, was remodeled and dedicated on November 8, 1908. The Rt. Rev. James Schwebach gave the blessing. The remodeling was...

Date: 1908 after

Description: St. Gabriel's Church.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Date: 1901 

Description: The interior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View seen from Brisbois Bluff.

Date: 1901 

Description: The interior of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

Date: 1949-03-28 

Description: Aerial photograph of Prairie du Chien showing the Mississippi River in the upper portion of the picture.

Postcard

Browers Park

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A view of Browers Park, showing the fountain.

Photograph

Trapeze Acrobats

Date: 1912 

Description: View from crowd of a pair of trapeze acrobats performing at a street fair.

Date: 1910 

Description: Bridge over the Mississippi River, built in 1874 and destroyed in 1910.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1875.

Drawing

Brisbois House

Date: 1934 ca.

Description: A blueprint of a survey done of the Brisbois house.

Postcard

Lower Mill

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A view of the Lower Mill.

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Photograph

St. Mary's College

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of Our Lady's Tower at St. Mary's College.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Photograph

Fort Crawford

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Former residence of the commanding officer. General Zachary Taylor was its first resident. It was subsequently rebuilt under the command of General Brooke....

Photograph

People's State Bank

Date: 1923 

Description: Exterior view from across street of the People's State Bank decorated to honor the 250th anniversary of the discovery of the Mississippi River.

Date: 1900 after

Description: This photocopy map shows marshes, woods, buildings, and selected features including islands, mounds, old Fort Crawford, and "new site for a fort in questio...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.