1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Photograph

College

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: View of St. Mary's Institute in 1872, and a view of St. Mary's College in 1922.

Date: 1905-10 

Description: Elevated view from Reservoir Bluff to the east of the town. The bluffs of Iowa can be seen in the distance.

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: View of the Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. Established in 1903, became a general hospital in the 1930s.

Photograph

"Villa Louis"

Date: 1953 

Description: Villa Louis, the mansion of Hercules Dousman.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1958 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Brisbois House.

Postcard

Sanitarium

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Prairie du Chien Sanitarium. "The ground where this sanitarium stands was the site of Gen. Taylor's headquarters at Fort Crawford in 1832. It was...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1860 ca.

Description: View from field of Villa Louis, the residence of Hercules L. Dousman.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1936 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, the oldest stone house in the state of Wisconsin.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1907 

Description: View of Praire du Chien Sanitarium.

Photograph

Brisbois Grave

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Brisbois grave, tomb of Michael Brisbois.

Postcard

Pontoon Bridge

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: The original Lawler pontoon bridge was replaced in 1910 by this pontoon bridge.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1875.

Date: 1934-07-28 

Description: This map shows buildings and dimensions of Fort Crawford and hospital overlaid on a plat of existing lots, streets, and closed streets.

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Former building of the Astor Company, also known as the Brisbois Fur Trading Post. At the time this photograph was taken, the structure was occupied by Ben...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from Bribois Bluff.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house, owned by John Cornelius.

Date: 1949-03-28 

Description: Aerial photograph of Prairie du Chien showing the Mississippi River in the upper portion of the picture.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.