1 2 3
.

Photograph

College

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: View of St. Mary's Institute in 1872, and a view of St. Mary's College in 1922.

Photograph

"Villa Louis"

Date: 1953 

Description: Villa Louis, the mansion of Hercules Dousman.

Date: 1864 after

Description: A view of North Campus at St. Mary Academy taken from a brick walkway. A few structures are visible in the background, and a bench stands near the path.

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1875.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Interior view of the front hallway of Villa Louis.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of a statue of Marquette in the St. Mary's Academy Marquette Monument.

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date:  date unknown

Description: View across field towards Villa Louis, with a white fence in the middle ground and a race track in the foreground.

Date: 1938 

Description: Interior, St. Gabriel's Church.

Date: 1880 after

Description: A view of Sacred Heart College and the surrounding landscape. Each dormer window has a cross on its peak and the center of the building has a bell tower.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Schoolhouse at Lawerton(?), built 1859. There is a bell tower on the roof. Several of the windows are boarded up, and the door is either wide open or missi...

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Congregational church, organized in 1852.

Date:  date unknown

Description: "Section of New Prairie du Chien Marquette $1,000,000 Suspension Bridge. Total length 3729 feet. Only suspension bridge on the Mississippi River. Open for...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: St. Mary's College and Academy.

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior view of show windows of the Prairie du Chien City Library. The cardboard backing reads: "Prairie du Chien, 1918." Reverse of the cardboard mountin...

Photograph

Along the River

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a river and surrounding landscape, taken from a high vantage point. In the foreground are a series of wooden structures, possibly homes and outb...

Date:  date unknown

Description: The former Astor (American Fur Trading Company) post building, now a museum of local history and fur trading history. There is a sign reading, "The Riversi...

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A view of the entrance to the Brisbois house.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.