1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Date: 1908 before

Description: St. Gabriel's Church. The parish was organized in 1817, the site of this church was acquired in 1836, and building began in 1839 under Father Cretin; Fathe...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1979 ca.

Description: Villa Louis, home of Hercules Dousman.

Photograph

Railroad Bridge

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of a railroad bridge, constructed of heavy steel that sits on massive stone supports. Wooded hills stand in the background.

Photograph

St. Mary's Academy

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: A view of St. Mary's Academy.

Date: 1864 

Description: Union troops at Lawler Hall which was used as a U.S. military hospital during the Civil War. Originally built as the Brisbois Hotel in 1857, it was given f...

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A front view of the Bribois house. It was built from limestone sold by the government after the construction of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1936 

Description: A view of Fort Crawford after restoration.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the backside...

Photograph

View of Town

Date:  date unknown

Description: 1. Stone Astor Fur Co. building built in 1808. 2. Voth Cottage, built in 1930. 3. Brisbois mansion, built 1808, by Michael Brisbois. 4. Site of Hudson...

Photograph

Villa Louis

Date: 1960 ca.

Description: Aerial view of Villa Louis on the Mississippi River, and adjacent buildings.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Aerial view of the Prairie du Chien plant of Oscar Mayer & Co.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: A view of the pontoon bridge construction.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois house.

Photograph

Bluff Street

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Bluff Street looking east. Pencil notation on this photo; reads "House marked X is my home and is said to be built from stone from Fort Crawford. -A.C."

Date: 1918 

Description: Exterior view of show windows of the Prairie du Chien City Library. The cardboard backing reads: "Prairie du Chien, 1918." Reverse of the cardboard mountin...

Photograph

View from Bluffs

Date: 1893 

Description: View from the bluffs in or near McGregor, Iowa.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Campion College.

Photograph

Brisbois House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the Brisbois House from across the railroad tracks.

Photograph

Beaumont Memorial

Date: 1931-08 

Description: The Beaumont memorial marker on the site of Fort Crawford.

Date: 1880 

Description: Stereograph of the Artesian Well near the intersection of Wisconsin and Minnesota (later renamed Wacouta) Streets. The following is printed on the back of...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.