1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Date: 1929 

Description: View down High Street looking east. There are many automobiles parked along the curb, and shops line the street. At the end of the street down the hill is...

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Photograph

Railroad Depot

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: Railroad depot taken as part of a survey by the Wisconsin Power and Light Company to promote economic development by emphasizing available buildings and bu...

Date: 1929 

Description: View across street of the three-story grade school.

Date: 1932 

Description: The Methodist Episcopal Church, dedicated in 1871.

Date: 1894-07 

Description: Sheet 5 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Photograph

Walker Hotel Ruins

Date: 1962-06-16 

Description: The ruins of Walker Hotel.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of J. Hutchinson originally built by John B. Terry and consisting of just the first story. Terry came to the lead region in 1829 as a merchant and...

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Photograph

Odd Fellows Hall

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Odd Fellows Hall, built in 1838, was the first to be built west of the Allegheny Mountains. The cornerstones were laid by P.G. Sire Thomas Widley, foun...

Date: 1935 after

Description: Menu of Cornish pasties and desserts offered by Pendarvis House, a group of restored stone houses built by Cornish settlers in Mineral Point. The cover of...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: A watertower in Mineral Point.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mineral Spring Brewery, located on 272 Shakerag Street, erected in 1850.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The house of a Cornish miner.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: A corner desk and bookshelf in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. N...

Photograph

Polperro House

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: A restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration the siding was...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: The dining area of the Cornish Pendarvis home, now owned by Robert M. Neal.

Photograph

Stone House

Date:  date unknown

Description: On Shakerag Street. Two houses, both of stone, behind a wood fence and a low stone wall along a sidewalk. The house on the right is two stories, the left...

Date: 1946 

Description: Pencil drawing of the Pendarvis and Trelawny Houses. Stone building with six over six windows on two levels, and three entrances. A stone wall runs along t...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.