1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
.

Photograph

Mineral Point

Date: 1955 

Description: Aerial view of Mineral Point.

Date: 1868 ca.

Description: Mineral Point from a carte-de-visite by the "practical photographer."

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: An aerial view of Mineral Point showing State Highway 23-39 under construction.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Joseph Gundry, a dry goods merchant. The house was later acquired for use as a museum by the Mineral Point Historical Society.

Date: 1932 

Description: The Methodist Episcopal Church, dedicated in 1871.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Knights of Pythias Castle Hall, formerly the Presbyterian Church, dedicated in 1844. The small building to the right of the church was built and occupi...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The second brewery to be built in Wisconsin and the oldest still standing (at the time the photograph was taken).

Date: 1975 ca.

Description: The dog statue on the front of the Gundry, Gray and Company Store.

Photograph

Zinc Works

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: The zinc works.

Drawing

Polperro House

Date: 1946 

Description: Pencil drawing (graphite and ink?) of Polperro House, at the Pendarvis State Historical Site in Mineral Point. Features a side gable entrance and a log fra...

Date:  date unknown

Description: A view of Mineral Point from the bluffs.

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The Gundry, Gray and Company Furniture Store with a sculpure of a dog mounted on the store sign.

Photograph

Stone House

Date:  date unknown

Description: On Shakerag Street. Two houses, both of stone, behind a wood fence and a low stone wall along a sidewalk. The house on the right is two stories, the left...

Date: 1915-09 

Description: Sheet 7 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Henry Plowman, the co-founder of a local newspaper, The Miner's Free Press. The house was erected in 1855-1856 and was reportedly later occupie...

Photograph

Cheese House

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The rear facade of a cheese house.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A primitive Methodist Church building.

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Shake Rag Street, showing Cornish miner's homes. The street was formerly called Hoard Street in honor of R.C. Hoard who was stationed at Fort Defiance duri...

Photograph

Harris Cottage

Date: 1935 

Description: The Harris Cottage, north elevation, or rear of house.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Mineral Spring Brewery, located on 272 Shakerag Street, erected in 1850.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.