1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: View of High Street, looking east.

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of J. Hutchinson originally built by John B. Terry and consisting of just the first story. Terry came to the lead region in 1829 as a merchant and...

Date: 1955 ca.

Description: An aerial view of Mineral Point showing the construction of State Highway 23-39.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: A Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is now used to serve Corn...

Date: 1932 

Description: The home of Montgomery M. Cothren, erected in 1855. Cothren served as a delegate to the Territorial Legislature in 1847-1848 and was later elected to the S...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Knights of Pythias Castle Hall, formerly the Presbyterian Church, dedicated in 1844. The small building to the right of the church was built and occupi...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A bedroom in the restored Cornish miner's house, called Polperro, on Shake Rag Street. The house was temporarily covered with siding, but after restoration...

Photograph

CMSP Locomotive

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: View looking down railroad tracks towards the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad locomotive #240, a type 4-4-0. On the right is a steep, rocky bank,...

Date: 1934 

Description: Exterior view of a Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is now u...

Date: 1889-04 

Description: Sheet 1 of a Sanborn map of a portion of Mineral Point.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railroad locomotive #280 at the Mineral Point depot. A group of people stand on the platform. The depot was built in 1857,...

Photograph

Shake Rag Street

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Shake Rag Street, showing Cornish miner's homes. The street was formerly called Howard Street in honor of Capt. R.C. Howard who was stationed at Fort Defia...

Date: 1945 ca.

Description: The dining room in the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. Neal and is n...

Photograph

Harris Cottage

Date: 1935 

Description: The Harris Cottage, south elevation, or front.

Date: 1948 ca.

Description: Rear view of the Lanyon house, built by William Lanyon. At the time of this photograph, the house was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. George Jeuck.

Photograph

High Street

Date: 1960 after

Description: View of businesses on High Street, including the Rexall Drugstore on the left corner. One can also see a glimpse of the City Hall, directly across the stre...

Photograph

Trelawny Patio

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: The patio and backyard area at the Cornish miner's cottage on Shake Rag Street called Trelawny. The cottage was restored under the ownership of Robert M. N...

Date: 1935 

Description: The front door of the Harris cottage.

Photograph

Small Town Skyline

Date: 1967-06 ca.

Description: View from field of a small town skyline, as seen from across a hollow. A large tree stands in the foreground and a church steeple is prominent in the backg...

Photograph

Mineral Point

Date:  

Description: Aerial view of Mineral Point.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.