1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Print

Park Hotel

Date: 1889 

Description: Park Hotel from a map in the manuscripts division.

Photograph

Bascom Hall

Date: 1917 before

Description: Bascom Hall with dome (formerly Main Hall) from Bascom Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The Lincoln Monument is in front of the entrance...

Date:  

Description: Side view looking down snowy sidewalk of the Quonset hut building housing the Salvador Franco Shoe Repair business at 1213 Regent Street in the Greenbush n...

Date: 1948-10-14 

Description: Jane Scalbom and Jane Gilbert Peterson opened a ceramics studio in one of the oldest buildings in Madison, the Century House, 3029 University Avenue. They...

Photograph

South Hall

Date: 1902 ca.

Description: View across Bascom Hill of the west side of South Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. A group of boys with long sticks are walking on the p...

Photograph

Webster Street

Date:  ca.

Description: View of the 100 block of Webster Street. Buildings visible include Hoffman Chemical and Supply Company at 117 South Webster, Yee's Cafe at 199 South Webste...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Photograph

Park Hotel

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Park Hotel. On the left, a man can be seen entering a horse-drawn buggy.

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1913 ca.

Description: A.O. Fox Block on the corner of Main Street and Carroll Street.

Date: 1948-10-16 

Description: Wisconsin football player, end Ken Sachtjen (82), tries to grab a pass from Wisconsin player Forrest "Frosty" Parish while Yale player Robert "Tex" Furse (...

Photograph

Nakoma Bus

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Side view of right side of an International bus marked "Nakoma" parked in front of the Wisconsin State Capitol. The bus has an enclosed cab and the passeng...

Photograph

South Hall

Date: 1932 

Description: View across Bascom Hill of South Hall on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Birge Hall is in the background to the right of South Hall.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Aerial view looking east over the center of the city and the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Photograph

Henry Johnson House

Date: 1945-06-14 

Description: Henry Johnson house, 304 West Washington Avenue, built in 1856 by Neely Gray.

Photograph

Hiram Smith Hall

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: View from across road of front and side of dairy building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. The hall is an Queen Anne-style structure built of...

Date: 1946-11 

Description: Exterior of Edwards Tire Company at 505 University Avenue.

Photograph

Victorian Interior

Date:  ca.

Description: View through open front door of entry of home decorated in the Victorian style, including a carved wood stairway and a hall tree bench with a beveled mirro...

Photograph

Park Hotel

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: Park Hotel at Carroll and Main Streets. Located on the first floor of the hotel is The Park Hotel Barber Shop.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Madison old Central Fire Station (1881-1904), 10 South Webster St. Three men driving horse-drawn ladder trucks in front of Madison Fire Station, 10 S. Webs...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.