1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Two women, Mrs. Osborn and Mrs. Schildhauer, sit on a large tree limb near Mendota Drive.

Date: 1865 

Description: This map of Forest Hill Cemetery is ink and watercolor on cloth. The upper right hand margin contains an index by name and lot. The bottom left corner read...

Date: 1861 

Description: A hand-drawn poster, produced by S.W. Martin's Writing Academy of Madison, listing the officers and men of the 1st Regiment, Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry,...

Photograph

Park Hotel

Date: 1874 before

Description: The Park Hotel.

Date: 1896 ca.

Description: View across railroad tracks towards a group of glee, banjo and mandolin club members posing in front of a University of Wisconsin banner on the Chicago and...

Date: 1897 ca.

Description: An exterior view of the Henry Schildhauer residence on West Washington Avenue. Mr. Schildhauer was the Chief Department of Revenue Collector for the State...

Date: 1893 

Description: Exterior view of the Edgewood Villa, built in 1854, which was bought by Governor C.C. (Cadwallader) Washburn in 1873. Later, the grounds and building becam...

Photograph

Van Slyke Residence

Date: 1867-05 

Description: The residence of Napoleon B. Van Slyke at 510 North Carroll Street. The image reads, "Maie on piazza with doll. Jonnie in baby carriage."

Date: 1887-09-07 

Description: Group portrait of the 16th Wisconsin Infantry at the Wisconsin State Capitol, together with their wives and families, taken at their first reunion. Because...

Date: 1887 after

Description: Exterior view of house located at 309 North Mills Street, built in 1887 and remodeled in 1905 by architects Claude and Starck for J. William Conklin; it wa...

Date: 1878 after

Description: View from the street of a man holding the reins for a team of two horses and sitting in the driver's seat of the Omnibus Line in front of the Park Hotel on...

Photograph

Levi Vilas House

Date: 1880 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Levi B. Vilas house, built in 1852 at the corner of 521 North Henry and Langdon Streets, as it appeared before remodeling.

Date: 1898 

Description: The James Duane Doty residence on Doty Street (formerly Clymer Street), the first "Executive Mansion" in Madison, occupied in 1841-1844 by the Territorial...

Date: 1870 

Description: Norwegian family posing with their household possessions, in front of their home. The man dressed in military uniform is a Civil War veteran. Madison, Wisc...

Photograph

Spooner Residence

Date: 1875 ca.

Description: View of the Spooner residence on the south corner of Wilson and Carroll Streets. This residence was home to John C., Phil H. and Roger Spooner. On the porc...

Date: 1894 ca.

Description: A formation of soldiers stand at attention during the dedication ceremony for the University of Wisconsin-Madison gymnasium.

Date: 1895 ca.

Description: Exterior view of Library Hall, present-day Music Hall, on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1870 ca.

Description: Elevated view toward the Capitol Square from Pinckney and Gorham Streets.

Date: 1871 ca.

Description: This map shows buildings, roads, the railroad, an orchard, and swamp land. Relief shown by hachures. The map includes an index of buildings in the upper ri...

Date: 1898 

Description: The James Duane Doty Residence on Doty Street (formerly Clymer Street), the first Executive Mansion in Madison, occupied in 1841-1844 by the Territorial Go...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.