1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1864 

Description: A painting of the Grignon house and surrounding land and water.

Date: 1862-05 

Description: Topeka, Kansas, when the 12th Wisconsin Volunteers came marching through the town on their way to Fort Riley, May 1863. Watercolor by John Gaddis of E Com...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Painting

Gill's Rock

Date: 1938 

Description: Boat and dock.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1860 

Description: View of St. John's Catherdral with the original tower.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Townspeople fleeing the Great Peshtigo Fire of 1871.

Date: 1875 

Description: An artist's depiction of the first State Fish Hatchery (aka Nevin Fish Hatchery, 3911 Fish Hatchery Rd).

Date: 1891 

Description: A painting of the new (as of 1891) bridge over the Mississippi River in La Crosse. The bridge was built by the Clinton Bridge Co.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The Newhall House,one of the most magnificent hotels in the United States, opened on August 10, 1856. Amid smaller houses and establishments the hotel was...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Painting

Portage Painting

Date: 1856 

Description: "After painting a number of Fox River scenes, "the artists continued their way to Fond du Lac, at the south end of Lake Winnebago, where they found some mo...

Date:  

Description: House was located at 530 N. Pinckney Street (this is not the house most strongly connected with Swenson called Thorstrand that still exists). According to...

Date: 1860-04 ca.

Description: Holzlhuber took the railway to Lake Horicon where he was taken in by the small community that had developed. "They were their own builders of houses and sh...

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of houses at the corner of 9th and Juneau Streets.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.