1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1860 

Description: View of St. John's Catherdral with the original tower.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1023 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer. Winifred Ford, widow of Marcus For...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Townspeople fleeing the Great Peshtigo Fire of 1871.

Date: 1845 ca.

Description: View of the gorge at St. Croix with a boat and multiple figures visible in the background.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of Edward C. Berner's ice cream store.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of the Roman Catholic community of St. Nazianz.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Painting

Reid Residence

Date: 1892 

Description: A watercolor drawing by Mrs. James Reid the sister-in-law of William Reid, the homeowner.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hugo Ballin's "Spirit of Labor" mural from the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: The home of Moses Strong, a prominent attorney, politician, speculator and land agent who moved to Wisconsin Territory and settled in Mineral Point in 1836...

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date:  date unknown

Description: A town scene featuring the blacksmith shop and horses.

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: On June 20, 1856 H√∂lzlhuber took a two-wheeled horse cart from the Lake Shore Railroad depot in Milwaukee to East Water Street and the home of his hosts, t...

Painting

City Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: City Hall, located at 2 W. MIfflin Street, was built from 1856-1858. The architect was August Kutzbock.

Painting

Marston House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Marston house, located at 524 North Henry Street, was built in 1851 in the Greek revival style for Jeremiah T. Marston, who operated a store on State S...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.