1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painted view of Main Street in Bayfield in 1870 with four cows standing in the street.

Date: 1898 

Description: Watercolor painting of Chequamegon Point.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1850 ca.

Description: Buildings along Wisconsin River.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of houses at the corner of 9th and Juneau Streets.

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

Date: 1891 

Description: A painting of the new (as of 1891) bridge over the Mississippi River in La Crosse. The bridge was built by the Clinton Bridge Co.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1954 ca.

Description: View from Brisbois Point. Prairie du Chien lies below, and beyond the Mississippi river rise Iowa's hills.

Painting

Leitch House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Leitch house located at 752 E. Gorham Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: Before Samuel Marsden Brookes and Thomas H. Stevenson left the Fox Valley, Morgan L. Martin "commissioned them to paint a series of sketches of the 'improv...

Date: 1881 

Description: Watercolor painting of farm and farmhouse, residence of Mr. Daniel Lewis.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1856 

Description: "....The first in their series was not an 'improvement' but a view of the Green Bay settlement, looking downstream. From a simulated rustic fence corner fo...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.