1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Watercolor painting of the Yahara River north of Lake Mendota. Trees are on the banks to the left with foliage throughout. A meadow is on the right.

Painting

Bashford House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Bashford house located at 423 North Pinckney Avenue.

Date: 1891 

Description: A painting of the new (as of 1891) bridge over the Mississippi River in La Crosse. The bridge was built by the Clinton Bridge Co.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Home of Newell Dodge (1845-1934) Madison alderman from 5th ward, attorney and fuel dealer, 1127 West Johnson Street.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1840 ca.

Description: A view of Fort Crawford (the second site and buildings of 1829-?).

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: Sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Painting

Fort Crawford

Date: 1830 ca.

Description: Fort Crawford (the original site, 1816-1831).

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Jairus Cassius Fairchild, the first mayor of Madison, built this house in 1850 at 302 South Wisconsin Avenue (renamed Monona Avenue in 1877) at West Wilson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Painting

Gill's Rock

Date: 1938 

Description: Boat and dock.

Painting

Camp Randall

Date: 1862 ca.

Description: Photograph of a watercolor of a view of Camp Randall, from the northeast. Scene set on rolling hills, shows tents, buildings, horses and military members i...

Painting

Law Building

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Law Building, University of Wisconsin-Madison, designed by Charles S. Frost, and built in 1893 of Lake Superior brown sandstone.

Date: 1898 

Description: Watercolor painting of Chequamegon Point.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.