1 2 3
.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1881 ca.

Description: Sunset from Lake Monona.

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house built by James McBride at 200 Farwell Drive. The house was later owned by Halle Steensland, Samuel H. Marshall, and Robert M. La Follette.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of large brick building (cooperative store) with three open arches on the porch area, and arched windows. There is a house near a bluff in th...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Painting

Garnhart House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The house at 424 North Pinckney Street was built by Samuel H. Donnell in 1857-1858. Donnell was one of the architects for the former Capitol, and the house...

1 2 3

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.