1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date: 1885 ca.

Description: Photograph of a painted view of Main Street in Bayfield in 1870 with four cows standing in the street.

Date: 1884 ca.

Description: A landscape painting depicting sunrise over Lake Monona and the Madison, Wisconsin isthmus, showing the Wisconsin State Capitol building in the distance.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Levi B. Vilas house at 521 North Henry Street after the porch and steps were remodeled by Arthur O. Fox, brother of Mrs. William F. Vilas, who purchase...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Judge James C. Hopkins house built in 1850 at 134 West Wilson Street.

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center....[One of them] is Little Chute, one of the pleasantes...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1917 before

Description: Watercolor, painted by Max Otto, of Main Hall (later renamed Bascom Hall) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The watercolor predates the 1917 fire tha...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Willett S. Main house, located at 511 North Carroll Street, was built in 1858.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Morris E. Fuller House located at 423 North Pinckney Street, built by Napolean B. Van Slyke about 1865. The house was later owned by Fuller and Robert...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Andrew Proudfit house located at 113 West Washington Avenue.

Date: 1914 

Description: Horlick's Malted Milk Factory.

Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Royal Buck as...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1916-03-16 

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 900 block East Gorham Street, ca. 1862-1893

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1882 ca.

Description: The Newhall House,one of the most magnificent hotels in the United States, opened on August 10, 1856. Amid smaller houses and establishments the hotel was...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.