1 2
.

Postcard

Paine Lumber Co.

Date: 1911 

Description: Log entrance of the Paine Lumber Co. Edward L. Paine founded the lumber mill in 1853 on the east bank of the Fox River.

Postcard

Post Office

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the post office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Postcard

Post Office

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of post office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1910 

Description: A view of the Athearn Hotel, located across the street from the Grand Opera House. Designed by the same man who designed the opera house, William Waters.

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date:  date unknown

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof. A boat is near the pier on the right.

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: A view of the Diamond Match Company.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Hotel Athearn, which was built across the street from the Grand Opera House. Designed by William Waters.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Lakeside Sanitarium located on Washington Street.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Looking down Washington Street.

Postcard

Post Office

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Post Office. The first post office in Oshkosh was established in the 1840s, and the postmaster was Joseph Jackson.

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Hicks Soldiers' Monument, located in Monument Square. Presented to the city by Col. John Hicks. The monument was unveiled on July 8, 1907.

Postcard

Hotel Athearn

Date: 1937 ca.

Description: A view of the Hotel Athearn, which was built in 1891 across the street from the Grand Opera House. It was designed by the same man that designed the Grand...

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof.

Postcard

Yacht Club

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Yacht Club on Lake Winnebago. There is a widow's walk on the roof, and a large wrap-around porch.

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the Oshkosh Public Library. The cornerstone was laid in May of 1899, and the library was finally complete in September of 1900. Located on...

Date: 1911 

Description: Diamond Match Company. At the time of its building it was the largest such factory in America.

Date: 1912 ca.

Description: Statue of Chief Oshkosh of the Menominee Tribe. Sculpted by Trentanove and located in Menominee Park. The statue honors the man who gave his name to the...

Date: 1905 ca.

Description: Passenger station of the Chicago and Northwestern Railway.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A view of the State Normal building (Dempsy Hall), at the State Normal School. This building was built in 1918, after a fire destroyed the main building in...

Date: 1910 ca.

Description: Exterior view of St. Mary's Hospital.

1 2

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.