1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Power dam construction workers pause during a meal in the camp dining room. Oil lamps hang from the ceiling; overhead electric lights are also installed.

Photograph

Aldo Leopold

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Caption on negative sleeve: "Aldo Leopold and son Luna (standing); Mrs. Leopold and two daughters Nina and Estella (kneeling). 'Shack' in background." The...

Date: 1913-05-28 

Description: Cooks pose in the kitchen at the power dam workers' camp.

Photograph

Catholic Church

Date: 1924 

Description: Exterior of a church.

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

The Wendt Farm

Date: 1963-10-05 ca.

Description: View down the long tree-lined driveway of the Wendt farmhouse. A decorative fence post with a wheel is at the entrance to the driveway.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Trees broken and bowed under the weight of a heavy coating of ice stand in front of the Al. Ringling home. Limbs litter the snow-covered ground. Ice is on...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Alex Jordan, creator of House on the Rock, eating and drinking with a group of men sitting around a table.

Photograph

Community House

Date: 1929 

Description: A pathway through tall grass, beaten by tire tracks, leading to the side porch of the community house.

Date: 1929-06-03 

Description: Bernard Arms stands high on a scaffold attached to a house, while two women from the family of his neighbors, the Nofsingers, stand below him on a ladder p...

Date: 1907 ca.

Description: View from across street of houses on Fourth Street. House second on left is the McFetridge house.

Date: 1911 ca.

Description: Rev. Jenkin Lloyd Jones and his wife Susan Lloyd Jones, probably on the porch of their cottage. Susan died Oct 26, 1911 and Jenkin died Sept 12, 1918.

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: Front view of Cummings-Cooper house with woman standing in front. House was owned in 1940 by Mrs. H.F. Leindorff. House was built in 1857.

Date: 1927 

Description: Exterior view of a two-story house with a front porch and an enclosed porch on the side. In the background is a barn or outbuilding.

Date: 1870 

Description: Baraboo was first settled around 1838, and by 1870 it had become the county seat and the thriving village illustrated here. This birds eye drawing depicts...

Date: 1900 ca.

Description: An elevated view of house in a neighborhood.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Alex Jordan and the board of directors for posing for a group portrait at House on the Rock.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: View of a row of cabins at the Panoramic Resort. There are two cars parked on the left.

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A window display at the Wisconsin Power and Light Company office, 116 Fourth Avenue, features a General Electric refrigerator as "The Gateway to Health" un...

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Portrait of Charles Franklin Gale, the father of novelist and playwright Zona Gale, reading a newspaper.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.