1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date:  ca.

Description: Exterior view from across Langdon Street of the Red Gym (Armory or Old Red) on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1948-05-18 

Description: Mrs.John F. (Bonnie) Kienitz, 208 Highland Avenue, and her children, Peter, 9, and Gretchen, 6, examining plants in their garden at the Farley tract.

Date: 1927-12-28 

Description: A group photograph of members of the Haydon, Brown and Shiverick families at the Brown home, 121 East Gilman Street. Tim Brown IV (center) is holding a toy...


Chimney Pots

Date: 1974-10-20 

Description: Three chimney pots atop a stone chimney on a house at 415 North Carroll Street.

Date: 1865 ca.

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus showing the first three buildings on campus, South Hall (left), University Hall [Bascom Hall] (center), and North Ha...

Date: 1977-05-08 

Description: Exterior view of a house at 1254 Rutledge Street which displays several examples of handcrafted detail including crab-like carved woodwork, open gables, an...

Date: 1938 

Description: Courtyard on the Park Street side of the Wisconsin Historical Society headquarters building.

Date: 1959-08-06 

Description: Members of the Little Garden Club plan a flower show. They include, from left, Alice Hutchins, Rachel Landphier, Barbara Barrett, and Lydia Shafer.


Summer Kitchen

Date: 1898-08 

Description: Summer kitchen at the Turville family farmhouse.

Date: 1947-12-20 

Description: Couple holding a candy cane decoration at the University Club's annual Assembly Ball. Pictured are Donald Easum, son of Prof. and Mrs. Chester V. Easum, 11...


Library School

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: Exterior of three-story building on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.

Date: 1929 

Description: Exterior of the shingle-sided house at 1419 Sherman Avenue, in Sherman Park. Built by Willard Droster, with a car in the driveway.

Date: 1905 

Description: First floor porch of the Frank Brown home, 28 Langdon Street.

Date: 1956 ca.

Description: Aerial view of the Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad station, roundhouse, and yard at the intersection of West Washington Avenue (across lower left...

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: View over Camp Randall Stadium towards University Hill on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Bascom Hall is visible in the distance.


Bascom Hall

Date: 1926 

Description: Exterior of Bascom Hall (formerly Main Hall) front portico on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Vines cover one side of the arch which supports a...


Mack House


Description: The Mack house, 110 East Johnson Street. Built by A.C. Isaac around 1870, it was later the residence of Professor John G.D. Mack and family, and was owned...

Date: 1908 

Description: A detail of a Madison Sanborn map that includes the University of Wisconsin Boat House, UW Gymnasium & Armory (The Red Gym), fraternity houses, and the YMC...

Date: 1937-06-02 

Description: McCoy's Ice Cream Parlor, 507 State Street, with soda fountain & bar.

Date: 1957-10-17 

Description: The history of tea service was shown by a display of tea pots in the Wisconsin Historical Society Women's Auxiliary exhibit, "Tides of Taste." The image s...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: