1 2 3 4 5 6
.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Painting

Elmside

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Elmside was built by Peter Van Bergen, a prominent builder of the 1840's, at 302 South Mills Street. The house was later owned by Dr. J.B. Bowen.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Painting

Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1967 

Description: Watercolor painting of the State Historical Society headquarters building by Paul Duesler. This painting is associated with the 1967 building addition plan...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.

Date: 1858 ca.

Description: Hofmann and his family had immigrated from the Rhine region to America in 1848, where they began to cultivate the farm. It was a struggle for the family be...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1843 

Description: Portrait of Ellen Clarinda Martin Kneeland.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Levi B. Vilas built this house in 1853 at 521 North Henry Street on the corner of Langdon Street.

Date: 1948 

Description: Prior to the 1948 State Fair, artist Robert Hodgell traveled Wisconsin to study its many landscapes. He then produced a series of study sketches outlining...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Cranberry harvesters at work. Mural painting in the U.S. Post Office at Berlin, Wis.

Date: 1948 

Description: Cover for the 1948 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a sketch of a tree, a fence, and a small town by a lake. The Wisconsin Fr...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The George Storer house, 104 East Gilman Street, built in 1855 by John E. Kendall.

Date: 1856 

Description: "The second view at the Kakalin, from the north side of the river, shows the first or guard lock in the foreground and beyond the dam the large frame build...

Date: 1856 

Description: "Three views in a short space show the peaceful appearance of what is now a busy paper mills center. The first, a double lock around which the village of C...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: House built by Julius T. Clark in 1859, which in 1878 became the home of William F. Vilas.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Date: 1856 ca.

Description: The Ludemann's [also spelled Lueddemann] farm was cultivated in the early 1850s, and was known as a restaurant where one could get good bread, wine, milk,...

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View of Edward C. Berner's ice cream store.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.