1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1872 ca.

Description: State Normal School.

Date: 1896-05-12 

Description: The Charles N. Brown residence, 271 Langdon Street. This photograph was taken by Brown at 6:20 a.m. from in front of Reuben Gold Thwaites' residence at 26...

Photograph

Old Falls Village

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Elevated view of Falls Village from the cemetery looking south.

Map or Atlas

The City of Chicago

Date: 1892 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Chicago, with ships in the Lake Michigan harbor.

Date: 1878 

Description: The dome of the third Wisconsin State Capitol, which was constructed entirely of iron and glass, as it appeared in 1878. The dome was painted white which s...

Date: 1896-05-12 

Description: Langdon Street looking west toward Science Hall.

Date: 1869 ca.

Description: A family of five is posed around a large frame house with carpenter's lace on its porch, a fan window in the gable end, half windows on the attic story on...

Date: 1854 after

Description: A plaque declares the birthplace of the Republican Party.

Date: 1868 before

Description: View up Wisconsin Avenue showing City Hall with the Post Office to the right. Also visible is the Presbyterian Church.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 1862-1893 in the 900 block of East Gorham Street.

Date: 1878 

Description: Bird's-eye map of Chilton with insets of points of interest, including P.H. Becker's Brewery, Chilton House, and Gutheil's Block.

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Exterior of building, with arched main entrance. The road in front is crowded with pedestrians, trolleys, and horse-drawn vehicles. On the left is a boat...

Date: 1890 ca.

Description: Benjamin Walker Castle, 1862-1893 in the 900 block of East Gorham Street.

Date: 1899 ca.

Description: Cyanotype view of 630 Langdon Street, built in 1890 for E.T. Owne. From 1894 to 1899 it was used as the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house. It was demolish...

Photograph

Fort Winnebago

Date: 1898 ca.

Description: Ruins of the commissary warehouse at Fort Winnebago, about 1898. Fort Winnebago was closed in 1845 and the land and buildings sold. Today, only the Surge...

Date: 1867 after

Description: A view of the commons building at Ripon College, partially obscured by trees.

Date: 1884 

Description: A sign for Fauerbach's Brewery depicting a young woman and the brewery. It was Madison's first brewery in 1848 and run by Peter Sprecher until bought by Pe...

Date: 1896-09-24 ca.

Description: 240 Langdon Street, residence of attorney William A.P. Morris. In 1902 Morris built and moved to a house at 635 Howard Place. He financed a brick street...

Date: 1876 

Description: Advertising card with a color illustration of a man using the Johnston Light Combine in a field with two horses. The back of the card describes the agricul...

Date: 1879 

Description: Bird's-eye view of Wisconsin State University, now the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Vignettes include Ladies Hall, South Dormitory, University Hall, As...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.