1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1922 

Description: View up a street lined with shops.

Date: 1965 

Description: Station manager Ron Nicols and an International Scout truck with plow outside Wisconsin's Very Live Radio station headquarters. WVLR shared quarters with C...

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Exterior from street of the Schwartz Farm Equipment building, 135 Third Avenue. Show windows in the one-story brick building feature an International truck...

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1939 

Description: An exterior view of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford dealership and Cities Service filling station located at 207 Third Avenue. A sign advertises Quaker State...

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: A crowd has gathered near a large cannon on the Sauk County courthouse square. There are drummers in military uniform and a group of youngsters in Scottish...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Photograph

Salem Church

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Salem Church of the Evanglical Association of North America. The original church was built in 1851 in the township of Honey Creek. This church is the third...

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Workers use a rail car mounted crane to load pilings onto a barge. Bluffs are visible in the distance.

Date: 1950 ca.

Description: View across street of the Al. Ringling Theater with a Studebaker pickup truck in the foreground. There is a hardware store on the right.

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Trees broken and bowed under the weight of a heavy coating of ice stand in front of the Al. Ringling home. Limbs litter the snow-covered ground. Ice is on...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1965 

Description: James Kirchstein, Wisconsin's Very Live Radio (WVLR) station chief engineer and originator, inside his recording company, Sara Sound Productions, Inc. WVL...

Photograph

Community House

Date: 1929 

Description: A pathway through tall grass, beaten by tire tracks, leading to the side porch of the community house.

Photograph

Store Interior

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: The interior of a small food market with produce, beverages, canned goods and coolers. This appears to be the City Food Mart. There is a decorative pressed...

Photograph

Dodge Automobile

Date: 1938 

Description: W. L. Tarnutzer stands beside a 1914 Dodge automobile parked on the Sauk County courthouse square. A newer model Dodge with a woman beside it is parked beh...

Date: 1922 ca.

Description: Downed wires and broken tree limbs mar the scene in front of the First Congregational Church at 131 6th Avenue.

Date: 1927 

Description: Exterior view of a two-story house with a front porch and an enclosed porch on the side. In the background is a barn or outbuilding.

Photograph

Effinger Brewery

Date: 1977 

Description: Effinger Brewery located in Baraboo. Founded about 1870, this brewery was operating as the Stiefhl Wintery in 1977 when this photograph was taken. A sign...

Photograph

Stone Hop House

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Stone Hop House, built by Dr. Taylor on section 27, Northeast corner of the Town of Greenfield.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.