1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: This Italianate sandstone house was built in 1856 by Julius T. White at 130 East Gilman Street. The house was later owned by J.G. Thorp, whose daughter mar...

Date: 1933-07-24 

Description: A man in a car poses in front of A. Sinaiko Hay, Flour and Feed at 653 West Washington Avenue.


Ella Giles House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Ella Giles house, built by A.A. Bird around 1838 at 451 West Wilson Street.

Date: 1947-03-04 

Description: Exterior view of Rennebohm Drug Store at 2526 Monroe Street.

Date: 1958-12-12 

Description: The front of the Alpha Chi Omega chapter house is decorated with a golden lyre Christmas decoration, put up as a surprise by the pledges. Pledges, left to...


New Ford Car

Date: 1936-05-14 

Description: Harry Stuhldreher, University of Wisconsin-Madison head football coach, sitting in new Ford car in front of UW YMCA building, 740 Langdon Street.

Date: 1996-02-18 

Description: Ruins of the Barber's Closet in the Hotel Washington. Water shooting from firetruck hoses is visible in the upper left of the image, as the fire that destr...

Date: 1972 

Description: Colonnade around dome of the Wisconsin State Capitol at night with moon in background.


Nakoma Country Club

Date: 1930-08-25 

Description: View of the Nakoma Country Club, 4145 Country Club Road, became the Nakoma Golf Club in 1944.


Elver House

Date: 1931-09-17 

Description: The Elver House, later the Wilson Hotel, on East Wilson Street.

Date: 1939-07 

Description: An architectural rendering of a proposed lakefront development plan.

Date: 1940-01-02 

Description: Exterior view of University of Wisconsin Memorial Union Theater wing, taken from Park and Langdon Streets.

Date: 1908-06-08 

Description: Pen-and-ink on paper. Shows vicinity of Washburn Observatory and University Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Relief shown by contours and spot...


Ford Truck

Date: 1934-11-18 

Description: Ford truck outside in the rain at the Madison Packing Company, located at 307 West Johnson Street.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: Reverend F.F. Ford house, at 1033 Spaight Street, was built by Mr. Harris prior to 1875 when it was purchased by Storer.



Date: 1972-06-18 

Description: A Mastodon Americanus Cuvier on display in the Science and Natural History Museum in Science Hall on Langdon and Park Streets at the University of Wisconsi...

Date: 1948 

Description: Temporary storage on the Visitors Gallery in the Wisconsin Historical Society blocks the view of the Library Reading Room. This storage was necessary beca...

Date: 1971-03-28 

Description: A detail of the top of the flashing baroque marquee on the Orpheum Theater at 216 State Street.

Date: 1959 ca.

Description: Color postcard of the exterior of the Wisconsin Center for adult education at 702 Langdon Street.

Date: 1946 

Description: University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, looking south from Lake Mendota. Camp Randall stadium is in the upper right.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at: