1 2 3 4
.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills (farm) house located at 2709 Sommers Avenue.

Painting

South Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: South Hall at University of Wisconsin-Madison, built in 1855 and designed by John F. Rague.

Painting

Stoner House

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Stoner house, located at 321 South Hamilton Street.

Date: 1969 

Description: Cover for the 1969 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a tree with white blossoms, yellow flowers, and a pathway leading up to a...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Governor C.C. Washburn house was built in the 1850's and purchased by Samuel H. Marshall before completion, then by Mr. Ashmead of Philadelphia. Washbu...

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The Oscar D. Brandenburg house, 22 Langdon Street. Later the Theta Delta Chi fraternity house. Razed and replaced in 1972 by the Langdon Apartments. Oscar...

Date: 1973 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a river cascading over rocks, and some trees in the foreground. The Wisconsin...

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Napoleon B. Van Slyke house located at 510 N. Carroll Street. The house was built for Van Slyke by A. Kutzbock about 1868.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The David Atwood house, located at 204 Monona Avenue on the corner of Doty Street.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The John A. Johnson house, located at 316 Wisconsin Avenue, was probably built by John Gripper who lived there in 1868. The house was purchased by Johnson...

Painting

Neckerman House

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Neckerman house, located at 208-212 (210-214?) Monona Avenue, (now Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard), built by General David Atwood and his partner Ro...

Date: 1952 

Description: Watercolor painting of a Wolff-Kubly & Hirsig building (the site of the current Wisconsin Historical Museum) under construction.

Date: 1963 

Description: Cover for the Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted is a bright green and pink trillium. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded in...

Date: 1966 

Description: Cover for the 1966 Wisconsin Friends of Our Native Landscape program. Depicted are two pink lady slipper orchids. The Wisconsin Friends chapter was founded...

Painting

City Hall

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: City Hall, located at 2 W. MIfflin Street, was built from 1856-1858. The architect was August Kutzbock.

Date: 1938 ca.

Description: The sandstone house known as Walker's Castle was located in the 900 block of East Gorham Street. According to newspaper articles, it was built in about 186...

Date: 1939-09 

Description: Watercolor painting of the Hawley house, also called "The Evergreens" located on Route 4 (junction of Oregon Road and County Trunk D).

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Lansing Hoyt house at 221 Monona Avenue was built in 1873 by Hoyt.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Simeon Mills house, located at 222 Monona Avenue.

Date: 1939 ca.

Description: The Benjamin Franklin Hopkins house, 142 East Gilman Street, built by Hopkins about 1850. The house was later owned by Dr. William Jacobs. The square bay...

1 2 3 4

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.