1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Streets of Yesterday, a nostalgic faux downtown, on exhibit at House on the Rock. This photograph was used in the original brochure for House on the Ro...

Date: 1912-07-25 

Description: A boy poses in the excavation site for the power house within the coffer dam. He is standing on the narrow gauge tracks; the high trestle is in the backg...

Date: 1924 

Description: The dam and four-story wooden mill on the Baraboo River. A bridge crosses the river on the left. There are houses and commercial buildings in the backgrou...

Date: 1911-10-07 

Description: Rising waters of the Wisconsin River at the construction site. This view shows the coffer dam, pile drivers, and narrow gauge railroad. Note the partiall...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

Photograph

Timme Mill

Date: 1925 

Description: View across lake of a four-story wooden mill with two wings, one with an oriel window. There is a building with a cupola, probably a granary, behind the mi...

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved street of the Commercial Hotel on a corner. There is a wagon on the left.

Date: 1911-10-18 

Description: Workmen stand on damaged and partly submerged railroad track on the west shore of the Wisconsin River.

Photograph

Bank of Baraboo

Date: 1920 ca.

Description: An imposing two-story structure on the corner of Oak Street and Third Avenue. Lawyers offices occupy the upstairs.

Date:  

Description: Letterhead of C.A. Sumner of Baraboo, Wisconsin, dealer in "Crockery, Silver-Plated and Glass Ware, Groceries, etc. etc.", with a three-quarter view of Sum...

Photograph

Highcliff Cottage

Date: 1926-01 

Description: Highcliffe, a cottage with a large porch near the shore of Devil's Lake which was the meeting place of the Heart of the Hills Walking Club, founded by H.E....

Photograph

Philbrick Garage

Date: 1930 ca.

Description: Five trucks loaded with tires are parked in front of the Philbrick Garage, a Ford and Lincoln dealership at 207 Third Avenue. Boxes on the far right truck...

Date: 1911-04 ca.

Description: Men stand on and beside a rail car in front of the main construction office at the site of the Wisconsin River dam.

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: View from across street of a small truck loaded with two "Singer Electric Sewing Machines" parked in front of a store. The store, identified as "The Hat S...

Photograph

Dodge Automobile

Date: 1938 

Description: W. L. Tarnutzer stands beside a 1914 Dodge automobile parked on the Sauk County courthouse square. A newer model Dodge with a woman beside it is parked beh...

Date: 1925-04 

Description: View of the wood trellis fence and columns that frame the entrance gate to the Silver-Dale Resort. A group of people are sitting on the porch of a refreshm...

Date: 1946 ca.

Description: Exterior view of the city hall and library building with a car parked on the street in front of it.

Date: 1915 ca.

Description: This 1915 map covers the section of the Wisconsin River in southern Adams, southeastern Juneau, northeastern Sauk, and northwestern Columbia counties. A po...

Date: 1912-08-07 

Description: Men excavating within the coffer dam. One man stands on a high piling. Several steam engines at work fill the air with smoke. The high trestle and found...

Date:  date unknown

Description: View down unpaved street. Horses pulling wagons are tied to posts at the curb. There are pedestrians along the sides of the street. Awnings are above windo...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.