1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date:  date unknown

Description: The Streets of Yesterday, a nostalgic faux downtown, on exhibit at House on the Rock. This photograph was used in the original brochure for House on the Ro...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view of the G√ľnter Holtzkopf Wood Carving Studio. A large ship's figurehead of a woman extends out from the balcony above the entrance. This image...

Date: 1912-07-25 

Description: A boy poses in the excavation site for the power house within the coffer dam. He is standing on the narrow gauge tracks; the high trestle is in the backg...

Date: 1935 ca.

Description: Group of Civilian Conservation Corps workers standing at a table saw. One man, probably a supervisor, wears a hat and tie.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Two boxes in the Al. Ringling Theatre, showing plasterwork flower garlands and cupids, as well as a Dutch gold leaf pilaster.

Date: 1924 

Description: The dam and four-story wooden mill on the Baraboo River. A bridge crosses the river on the left. There are houses and commercial buildings in the backgrou...

Photograph

The Red Tavern

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: A deteriorating wooden structure with two gables on the front, identified as the Red Tavern between Kilbourn and Mauston, built in 1848.

Date: 1914-08-04 

Description: An interior view of the power house at the Prairie du Sac dam showing the switchboard.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: View of Al. Ringling Theatre's auditorium and stage from a rear box. View includes a painted theater curtain and shows the auditorium's state before resto...

Date: 1959-04 

Description: Frank Lloyd Wright's funeral at the Unity Chapel Cemetery.

Date: 2009 ca.

Description: Close-up of decorative carving and plasterwork above the stage in the Al. Ringling Theatre including a cartouche with the initials AR, flower garlands and...

Date: 1911-10-07 

Description: Rising waters of the Wisconsin River at the construction site. This view shows the coffer dam, pile drivers, and narrow gauge railroad. Note the partiall...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

Photograph

Timme Mill

Date: 1925 

Description: View across lake of a four-story wooden mill with two wings, one with an oriel window. There is a building with a cupola, probably a granary, behind the mi...

Date:  date unknown

Description: Exterior view looking through the shop windows of the Fredie P. Wirth Lamp Shop. This image was used in the original brochure for the House on the Rock.

Photograph

The Gem Theatre

Date: 1916 

Description: Exterior view of entrance with displays of coming attractions and advertisements.

Photograph

Commercial Hotel

Date:  date unknown

Description: View from unpaved street of the Commercial Hotel on a corner. There is a wagon on the left.

Date: 1917-09-19 

Description: A large group of young men pose on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse. They would leave that day for the newly constructed Camp Grant near Rockford, I...

Date: 1908 ca.

Description: Three boys pose in front of Hillside Home School near Spring Green.

Photograph

City Hall

Date: 1918 

Description: Baraboo City Hall.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.