1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1906 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the public school, a large brick building with a turret in the corner.

Date: 1922 

Description: View down middle of street, showing the central business district. A drug store, restaurant and hotel are on the left. A garage, bank, bathhouse, bowling a...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1925 

Description: View down dirt road of right side of Main Street. Banners strung across the street read "Chautauga." There is a pickup truck parked in the automotive repai...

Postcard

Oak Street

Date: 1909 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street in the central business district. The street is lined with businesses, and a few have awnings over their storefronts...

Photograph

Loganville Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The Loganville Mill, built in 1861. The owner was Joseph Mackey and the carpenter was Billy Palmer. Sacks of feed sit on a loading platform. There is a...

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: Two men and a woman pose in front of the L.C. Welch Plumbing and Heating store, 137 Third Avenue. There are signs advertising Maytag and Shellane, "compres...

Date: 1921 

Description: View from shoreline over the Baraboo River towards a dam, with a mill on the opposite shoreline. A bridge and a business district are in the background.

Date: 1915 

Description: Hillside Home School designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1901 and constructed over the next two years. The school was operated by the architect's family.

Date: 1915 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the theater. There are posters in front of the entrance. A current attraction is George Fawcett in "The Frame-Up"...

Date: 1911-09-18 

Description: Pile drivers at work on the coffer dam. Pilings are also floating within the confines of the dam. The shoreline can be seen in the background.

Date: 1917-09-19 

Description: A large group of young men pose on the steps of the Sauk County Courthouse. They would leave that day for the newly constructed Camp Grant near Rockford, I...

Date: 1912-09-30 

Description: Forms have been removed from the first concrete poured for the power house in the northeast corner of the coffer dam. Men pour concrete from rail cars on...

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Construction workers pose during construction of the main office at the Wisconsin River dam site.

Date: 1921 

Description: Exterior view of the Lutheran Church.

Photograph

Public School

Date: 1922 

Description: A view of the public school, a wood building with two front entrances and a belfry. A flagpole, a pile of fuel wood and a seesaw on the left. Surrounded by...

Photograph

Main Street

Date: 1921 

Description: View down Main Street. Hotels are on both sides. Designated parking is in the center of the street. A department store and an eating establishment are on t...

Photograph

Street Signs

Date: 1967-09 

Description: Street signs with bar in background.

Date: 1914-03-11 

Description: Looking east from the lock at the Prairie du Sac dam. Recently completed buttresses are in the foreground, with earlier stages of construction visible, in...

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: A stocky man in a white suit stands at a lectern and microphone in front of the Elks Lodge (Al. Ringling home). Other men and women sit on the platform. A...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.