1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10
.

Date: 1912-09-30 

Description: Forms have been removed from the first concrete poured for the power house in the northeast corner of the coffer dam. Men pour concrete from rail cars on...

Date: 1913-01-09 

Description: Men stand in the completed draft tubes after removal of the steel forms.

Date: 1913-07-02 

Description: Workers pause while installing a maze of conduit for the switchboard in the power house. The construction camp is to the left.

Photograph

Beer Truck

Date: 1932 

Description: A Ford "sedan delivery" truck owned by Feinberg Distributing Co. of Baraboo is parked in front of the Philbrick Ford Garage at 207 Third Avenue. "Blatz Bee...

Photograph

Thuerer House

Date: 1940 ca.

Description: View from street of a dog standing on front walk in front of the Dr. Chris L. Thuerer home, a large Four Square Style house which has large bay windows and...

Photograph

Old Rowboat

Date: 1961-06-04 ca.

Description: View from shoreline of an old rowboat in an artificial lake built by the Honey Creek Rod and Gun Club. There is a barn on the far shoreline.

Date: 1924 

Description: View down center of Main Street. On the left is a soda shop/confectioner, with two women and a baby carriage on the sidewalk in front. Further down is a ch...

Date: 1906 

Description: Photographic postcard of the exterior of the public school, a large brick building with a turret in the corner.

Date: 1912-11-21 

Description: Two workmen stand in the outlet of a steel draft tube in the power house, while other men work above it. Cars move along the elevated trestle above.

Photograph

Leland Mill

Date: 1924 

Description: The inactive Leland mill, with the faded painted sign, "Leland Roller Mill," on the upper story.

Date:  date unknown

Description: An interior view of partially-built dressing court, showing men working at roughing in plumbing to floor drains of the bathhouse at Devil's Lake State Park...

Photograph

Parochial School

Date: 1924 

Description: View across street of the two-story Parochial School on the corner. There is a double door entrance on the left side of the building, and an arched entranc...

Date: 1911-03 

Description: Construction workers pose during construction of the main office at the Wisconsin River dam site.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Elevated view of Percussion Rock from House on the Rock. This is from Sid's collection of images used in the House on the Rock brochure.

Date:  

Description: Landscape, including a barn, at Hillside Home School, an early progressive school operated by Ellen and Jane Lloyd Jones, aunts of Frank Lloyd Wright.

Date:  date unknown

Description: Interior of room at House on the Rock. A young man is sitting on a bench near the window.

Photograph

Ferry House

Date: 1923 

Description: The 1847 Ferry House, a two-story wooden, classical revival style structure with six over six windows. There is a second-story front porch and small lean-t...

Date: 1906 ca.

Description: The land and house were donated to the village. The club house is still in use (1964) as a publicaly owned building for recreation and meetings. Image show...

Postcard

Oak Street

Date: 1909 

Description: Photographic postcard view from street in the central business district. The street is lined with businesses, and a few have awnings over their storefronts...

Date: 1925 ca.

Description: The Island Woolen Mill dam and bridge over the Baraboo River. In the foreground is a concrete "pergola" which shades a small bench. Molded into a concrete...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next 10

Have Questions?

If you didn't find the material you searched for, our Library Reference Staff can help.

Call our reference desk at 608-264-6535 or email us at:

.
.